Aap ka Apna Urdu Forum !!! AchiDosti.comAap ka Apna Urdu Forum !!! AchiDosti.com
  Aap ka Apna Urdu Forum !!! AchiDosti.com
Register Achi Dosti VideosInvite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Home Today's Posts
Go Back   Aap ka Apna Urdu Forum !!! AchiDosti.com > English Corner > Biographies > English poet & writer’s biography

User Tag List

Old 02-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Co-Admin
Points: 738,231, Level: 100 Points: 738,231, Level: 100 Points: 738,231, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I’m in this weird stage
where I don’t really like
myself, but I don’t really
care anymore

I am: Devilish

Thanked 13,231 Times in 4,342 Posts
Mentioned: 1607 Post(s)
Tagged: 4736 Thread(s)
Ranii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud of
Ranii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Batooni Kuri Hard Work Monthly Competitions Award Winner of Picture Gallery 
Total Awards: 27

Default Anne Frank

Annelies Marie Frank,12 June 1929 – February or March 1945 was a German-born diarist and writer. She is one of the most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust. Her diary, The Diary of a Young Girl, which documents her life in hiding during the German occupation of the Netherlands in World War II, is one of the world's most widely known books and has been the basis for several plays and films.

Born in the city of Frankfurt, Germany, she lived most of her life in or near Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Born a German national, Frank lost her citizenship in 1941 and thus became stateless. The Frank family moved from Germany to Amsterdam in the early 1930s when the Nazis gained control over Germany. By May 1940, they were trapped in Amsterdam by the German occupation of the Netherlands. As persecutions of the Jewish population increased in July 1942, the family went into hiding in some concealed rooms behind a bookcase in the building where Anne's father worked. In August 1944, the group was betrayed and transported to concentration camps. Anne and her sister, Margot, were eventually transferred to Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, where they allegedly died (probably of typhus) in February or March 1945, just weeks before the camp was liberated in April.[3]

Otto Frank, the only survivor of the family, returned to Amsterdam after the war to find that Anne's diary had been saved by one of the helpers, Miep Gies, and his efforts led to its publication in 1947. It was translated from its original Dutch version and first published in English in 1952 as The Diary of a Young Girl, and has since been translated into over 60 languages. The diary, which was given to Anne on her thirteenth birthday, chronicles her life from 12 June 1942 until 1 August 1944.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ranii For This Useful Post:
Mah-e-Mehr (02-15-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Co-Admin
Points: 738,231, Level: 100 Points: 738,231, Level: 100 Points: 738,231, Level: 100
I’m in this weird stage
care anymore

Ranii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud of
Ranii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud ofRanii has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase

Early Life:
Frank was born Annelies or Anneliese Marie Frank on 12 June 1929 in Frankfurt, Germany, to Otto Frank (1889–1980) and Edith Frank-Holländer (1900–45). She had an older sister, Margot (1926–45).[4] The Franks were liberal Jews, and did not observe all of the customs and traditions of Judaism,[5] and lived in an assimilated community of Jewish and non-Jewish citizens of various religions. Edith Frank was the more devout parent, while Otto Frank was interested in scholarly pursuits and had an extensive library; both parents encouraged the children to read.[6]

On 13 March 1933, elections were held in Frankfurt for the municipal council, and Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party won. Antisemitic demonstrations occurred almost immediately, and the Franks began to fear what would happen to them if they remained in Germany. Later that year, Edith and the children went to Aachen, where they stayed with Edith's mother, Rosa Holländer. Otto Frank remained in Frankfurt, but after receiving an offer to start a company in Amsterdam, he moved there to organize the business and to arrange accommodations for his family.[7] The Franks were among 300,000 Jews who fled Germany between 1933 and 1939.[8]

Otto Frank began working at the Opekta Works, a company that sold fruit extract pectin, and found an apartment on the Merwedeplein (Merwede Square) in the Rivierenbuurt neighborhood of Amsterdam. By February 1934, Edith and the children had arrived in Amsterdam, and the two girls were enrolled in school—Margot in public school and Anne in a Montessori school. Margot demonstrated ability in arithmetic, and Anne showed aptitude for reading and writing. Her friend Hanneli Goslar later recalled that from early childhood, Frank frequently wrote, although she shielded her work with her hands and refused to discuss the content of her writing. The Frank sisters had highly distinct personalities, Margot being well-mannered, reserved, and studious,[9] while Anne was outspoken, energetic, and extroverted.[10]

In 1938, Otto Frank started a second company, Pectacon, which was a wholesaler of herbs, pickling salts, and mixed spices, used in the production of sausages.[11][12] Hermann van Pels was employed by Pectacon as an advisor about spices. A Jewish butcher, he had fled Osnabrück in Germany with his family.[12] In 1939, Edith's mother came to live with the Franks, and remained with them until her death in January 1942.[13]

In May 1940, Germany invaded the Netherlands, and the occupation government began to persecute Jews by the implementation of restrictive and discriminatory laws; mandatory registration and segregation soon followed.[13] Otto Frank tried to arrange for the family to emigrate to the United States – the only destination that seemed to him to be viable – but this possibility was blocked from June 1941, as the US government was concerned that people with close relatives still in Germany could be blackmailed into becoming Nazi spies.[14] The Frank sisters were excelling in their studies and had many friends, but with the introduction of a decree that Jews could attend only Jewish schools, they were enrolled at the Jewish Lyceum. Anne became a friend of Jacqueline van Maarsen in the Lyceum.[13] In April 1941, Otto Frank took action to prevent Pectacon from being confiscated as a Jewish-owned business. He transferred his shares in Pectacon to Johannes Kleiman and resigned as director. The company was liquidated and all assets transferred to Gies and Company, headed by Jan Gies. In December 1941, Frank followed a similar process to save Opekta. The businesses continued with little obvious change and their survival allowed Frank to earn a minimal income, but sufficient to provide for his family.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Points: 99,962, Level: 100 Points: 99,962, Level: 100 Points: 99,962, Level: 100
nahin nigah mein manzil to
justuju hi sahi

I am: Busy

Thanked 1,327 Times in 727 Posts
Mentioned: 317 Post(s)
Tagged: 1570 Thread(s)
Mah-e-Mehr is on a distinguished roadMah-e-Mehr is on a distinguished roadMah-e-Mehr is on a distinguished roadMah-e-Mehr is on a distinguished roadMah-e-Mehr is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Winner of Urdu Adab Winner of Fashion Monthly Competitions Award Winner of Home & Decor 
Total Awards: 13

achi story hai iski b.prh li iski diary meine 😉

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Co-Admin
I’m in this weird stage
care anymore

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mah-e-Mehr [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
achi story hai iski b.prh li iski diary meine 😉

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
ahan good

Old 05-23-2016, 07:03 AM
Apni talash main gum...
Points: 582,434, Level: 100 Points: 582,434, Level: 100 Points: 582,434, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
You think you know people and
then they surprise you.

I am: Fine

Thanked 6,430 Times in 1,700 Posts
Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 3380 Thread(s)
Abeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud of
Abeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud ofAbeer has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Monthly Most Active Member Monthly Competitions Award Batooni Kuri Winner of Poetry Section 
Total Awards: 18

iske bare main parha hai school main..
Old 05-23-2016, 01:02 PM
Co-Admin
I’m in this weird stage
care anymore

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
iske bare main parha hai school main..
Sahee iska end bhut bura hua tha :/